One of the fastest to alkalize your body is by loading up on greens. An alkaline body is resistant to all kinds of illness from common colds to cancer. The big C can only thrive and grow and in an acidic body which is created by over consumption of meats, toxic and processed foods. While the amount of greens required to bring a body back to alkaline state may be hard to consume in plain form, soups and juices allow for more intake and digestion when blended. I love soups and can have them everyday even in the heat of summer. Soups are one of the best ways to enrich your diet and bring your body to an alkaline healthy state. This particular soup is not only highly alkaline but also rich in protein, calcium and antioxidants.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1&1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- Nuts and seeds of choice to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot, add the onion, garlic, asparagus, fennel and celery stalks and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, green peas and spinach, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer into the blender, add lime juice and process to obtain a smooth cream. Add more vegetable stock to adjust the texture.
- Serve warm, topped with nuts and seeds.